Key Feature – Tai Tang Handle:
|Length||19.9cm / 199mm|
- Always store out of the reach of children.
- The cutting edge of I.O.Shen Mastergrade Knives is extremely hard and therefore liable to chip if they are used to chop bone or other hard objects.
- Never store knives loose in a drawer.
- Never leave sharp blades in washing up water.
- Dishwasher use invalidates the I.O.Shen lifetime guarantee.
- Hand wash, dry and immediately store your knives.
For many years, knife manufactures have been trying to use increasingly harder steel in order to achieve the ultimate cutting edge. The hardness of stainless steel is measured on a scale called Rockwell; 62° being the highest grade commercially available. However, the brittleness of such hard steel has always been a limiting factor.
I.O.Shen has overcome this problem by using a layer of super hard steel (Rockwell 62°) sandwiched between two layers of softer stainless steel (Rockwell 10°) to produce the ultimate cutting edge. This is called Triplex Steel Technology.